If you are looking for a way to stop viewing pornography on the computer, it is likely that you have an addiction that is damaging your mental and physical health, as well as consuming your time. If you want to learn how to enjoy life and stop obsessing over porn, read on for some tips to help you get back on your feet.
Part 1: Acknowledge You Have a Problem
Admit that you spend too much time watching porn.
Before you can stop viewing pornography on your computer, you must be able to admit that this activity is taking up a lot of your time and is having a negative effect on your physical and emotional well-being.
. Brainbuddy is a free app that can help you determine if VR Porn use is out of control.
. Only you can tell how much is too much, because there is no target number of hours or times a week that indicates that the habit has become an “addiction.” It is important to learn to recognize these signs and to use your own judgment.
2 . Recognize that you cannot stop. For the average person, it can be nearly impossible to stop watching porn right in the middle of an intense scene, but if you wake up in the morning unwilling to watch porn but find that you can’t last a day, or even a few hours, without doing it , then you are most likely addicted. If you want to stop doing it and you see that you can’t, then there is a problem.
3 . Pay attention to your planning. If you find yourself thinking about pornography when you are in class, at work or when you go out with your friends, and you are planning what time to see it, then the situation is serious. It’s okay to think about porn every now and then, but if you feel like you’re always thinking about it when you’re not around a computer, then you’ve got a problem.
If you view pornography every time you are in front of your personal computer, or if you have a craving for pornography when you are on a public computer in the library, or on a friend’s computer, it means that you associate computers with pornography. This means that you have to learn to distinguish between these two things as you overcome your addiction.
4 . Evaluate your relationships. Are you having problems with your personal relationships as a result of your relationship with pornography? If you have trouble in bed because you only get turned on when you watch porn, or if you would rather watch porn than date the girl you like, then you have a situation to resolve.
Remember that your addiction to pornography can be a sign that there are other major problems in your life, such as sex addiction or depression.
5 . Write down all the reasons why you want to stop viewing pornography. Rather than just stopping viewing porn because you think it is embarrassing or socially unacceptable, you need to dig deeper to analyze the ways in which viewing porn has had an unfavorable effect on your life, and think about how quitting would help you. The following are some good reasons why you should stop viewing pornography:
- Because you want to have healthy and loving relationships with your friends, with your partner and with your family.
- Because you want to be able to live in the moment instead of spending it in front of your computer.
- Because you don’t want to be a slave to your addictions.
- Because you have stopped sleeping, eating and you feel sick because of your problem.
- Because you feel that you have lost respect for yourself, your dignity, and “control over your own life.”
Parte 2: Toma medidas para dejar de hacerlo
- Make it harder to watch porn. Although many people spend most of the day in front of the computer, there are ways to make it more difficult for you to access pornography. Activate a porn blocker on your computer. This way, the process of deactivating it will take a bit of time, and may discourage you from viewing porn.
- Avoid surfing the internet as much as possible and use the computer only when other people are present. Avoid closed spaces and time alone with the computer.
- If possible, disable your WiFi unless you really need it. Create an elaborate ritual to make it harder to turn the internet back on, like putting a long, complicated password on your internet, or forcing yourself to wash the dishes every time you want to turn on the internet.
- Porn addiction develops in part because porn is so easy to access (if you make it harder to watch, you probably won’t see it as often).
- Do it gradually. If watching porn takes up a large part of your day, then it is probably next to impossible to completely stop watching. Rather than stop seeing her altogether overnight, create a plan to slowly curb your addiction. Here we tell you how:
- First, work on limiting the amount of time you spend watching porn by quickly jerking off. It starts and ends fast.
- Then limit the number of times you watch porn in the day. If you do it five times a day, try to see her only once a day at the end of the week. But be careful not to turn this into another kind of obsession.
- Reward yourself for good behavior. If you can survive a day without watching porn, buy yourself your favorite dessert or give yourself a small gift, like that pair of shoes that caught your eye.
- Keep busy. Your porn addiction may have started because you felt lonely, bored, and couldn’t think of anything else better to do. Now is the time you took the bull by the horns by creating a meaningful routine that minimizes the time you waste watching porn. Here we tell you how:
- Do exercise. Get into a new habit like running, climbing, or playing a team sport. Not only will doing physical activity keep you away from the computer, it will also make you feel better about yourself.
- Take up new hobbies that keep you away from the computer. Paint outdoors, take pictures, or spend time reading in the park. Do what you can to lead a meaningful life away from the computer.